The most common language used these days, also considered as the universal language is English. On a global landscape, speaking English has now become a quintessential norm as a means of communication.
This is the main reason so many prefer availing English speaking coaching and enrolling in a reputed English coaching center to have a command over the language. Knowing the fact that English is evolving, it becomes imperative to perfect the skill of spoken English.
Learning to speak English with fluency, accuracy, better diction, good lexical range and grammatical precision benefits most of us, especially in the workplace.
John Powell said, “Communication works for those who work at it”.
Importance of English classes
Like any other skill, speaking with certainty and clarity is not a talent, it is a soft skill. The key to it is to learn and practice. For building a better communication skill, practice needs to be the foundation of the course.
If we must master the art of English speaking, we do not have to study the language or memorize grammar and vocabulary, we need to build competence to speak effortlessly. To hone this, the best way is to register for English coaching classes. To be a part of the communication driven world, the command over the language is a must.
Here are few tips for clear communication:
1. Simple conversation: You know the subject English, as we have all studied in the formative years in our school. But still, many of us struggle to converse or write. Through the English coaching center, start with simple sentences and ensure the other person can understand what to mean to say. Avoid using filler sounds and words like umm, uh, basically, so, like, and…
If you have decided to sail the ship of learning, you would have to come out of your comfort zone and practice daily.
2. Content of the language: Every topic we speak about, we know has a related vocabulary. Thus, it's vital to know whether we are in a formal gathering or would be part of a casual conversation.
For instance, if we talk about the kitchen, we can use words like utensils, burner, chopping board, spatula, oil dispenser, crockery etc.. Building the word list with these threads will certainly upgrade the lexicon. Initially try and pick up common words to convey your message.
For next time, try to incorporate more range of words if you say the same thing on the same line. In no time you will start to gain momentum and get some confidence in delivering the content.
3. Expression and Intonation: The expression of speech helps in fluency. If we know how to express the content it will be easy for the listener to understand. Likewise, voice modulation allows you to express better, emphasize on words, which can help the listener to get the content, like expressing opinions or disagreements, to instruct or direct.
For instance, if you are sad about getting low grades and convey the same in a neutral tone, the other person will not know how you are feeling about your grades and will not be able to empathize.
4. Practice the four pillars: To communicate in English, the four sections of the language wheel i.e., Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking, must be adapted to develop a good conversational skill. Through the English speaking coaching you will get the habit of reading or writing, where daily practice is the key. Little by little, efforts everyday will yield positive results.
Equally, for listening, training on a daily basis can help one, to steer the ideas into the right direction and become more informed about vocabulary and its articulation.
For Speaking, as suggested above, with the English coaching classes, you can start slow but mark your progress at the end of the day. Keep talking more, to have clear conversation and eliminate frequent errors.
5. Self-evaluation: This is the most critical step in any preparation. Till now, whatever you have learnt along with the strategies, you should be able to keep a tab on the growth sheet. Understand the journey of improvement and take pride in how far you have come. If you still feel that in-depth knowledge is required, there is no harm to join an English speaking coaching.
About the Author
I have been mentoring working professionals and students in proficiency skills and IELTS exam since long now. I am a certified trainer, Masters in business studies and have rich experience in the corporate and education fields. I hope my articles help the readers to gain strong confidence in their learning process.